Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Morning moments as time flies swiftly by

It's amazing what you think about when something is about to come to a close. Because really what I find is that, even up the last minute of the hour it doesn't seem real. I could spend the entire day packing and cleaning, but until that moment, as you are watching a place disappear into the distance. Well it's just not real. It still feels like this will all last forever. Which as we know of course it does not, but the feelings that get all wrapped up in the moment.

Now don't get me wrong, I know everything changes (obviously as I can't seem to stay in one place for more than a few months) and know everything ends. The thing is, when that becomes real. For example, today. Today we disassemble the dance floor and tent (woot! Cinder blocks, top hats  and doilies, tent states  and the tent and we. And don't forget all of the wooden shims) oh and the kitchen as well. So many things, all of the nights. But as I am sitting here, the reality just won't hit me. I know that in 48 hours will be back in Boston (hopefully asleep) and soon to be heading to Flurry, providing the weather doesn't impact all of these plans, but really who knows. (As I am sure you can imagine all of these feelings are based on my actually making it to boston without any of my flights getting cancelled.)

So mostly this is just me here, rambling about the things I think about, such as the strangeness in life and how this is a feeling I am so use to and don't even mind. Just another set of feelings to catalogue and examine, it happened leaving England, Ann Arbor, Ireland, Brasstown, Pinewoods, Boston. And I know it will continue as that is just the way life is


3 comments:

  1. Safe travels! It will be good to see you when your travels bring you back this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully your flights will miss all the various weather happening

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really sticks you smack dab in the moment, eh? <3 I hope you get some quiet time to reflect before you go.

    ReplyDelete